UX Design Skills ladder
While collecting data about the type of interview questions raised by interviewers i came across an interesting link on UX Design edge about the Designer ladder – how the skillsets of a designer changes as he grows. Below is the summary of an advanced designer,
Level 3—Advanced designers
- Can identify subtle interaction and visual design problems. Has a strong appreciation for good design.
- Thinks of designs in term of scenarios and personas.
- Always works with many solutions before making a choice. Proposed solutions include standard approaches, simple solutions, and innovative alternatives that others would miss.
- Makes decisions using a decision making framework and a holistic product vision. Often uses data to make decisions, but is willing and able to go beyond the data.
- Offers specific, constructive, actionable feedback at the appropriate level in terms of design principles, guidelines, branding.
- Can convince a team that a design idea is good. Experts can convince a team that a radical design idea is good.
- Is completely in tune with what they don’t know.