Bus Route Search
I have a tough time in Bangalore travelling in busses. The reason, my inability to read kannada the local laguage. With my lingual handicap I have been relying on my memory to remember the bus route numbers to go from location one to the next. Recently I started looking online for this information. I started with expecting none, but came across three websites that currently provide information related to buses plying in Bangalore. These websites aim at providing the users with information on which busses numbers ply on the routes they are interesrted in, or in simple words how to reach from Point A to Point B.
Each of these seem like good tools for my search. But I have come across numerous usability issues in each of the applications.
Some of the questions that came to my mind as i reviewed the applications include,
- What are the tasks the user going to perform?
- Are the tasks and the output labelled clearly?
- What assumptions are we making about the users knowledge before using the application?
- What aids can be provided to guide the user in his pursuit?
- Does the interface answer the what, why and how for the user?
- Are the choices of form input usable enough?
- Is the layout aesthetic and minimalistic nature?
If you were to redesign the applications what approach would you take?